Technical Sales Manager
Framingham, MA | Full Time
As the Technical Sales Manager, you will be responsible for growing DetraPel’s business with new customers. In this role you will identify new customers and build relationships in order to win new business. You’ll also provide technical support to new clients as they work with our products for the first time and troubleshoot pilot runs on their equipment. A deep understanding of the textile and/or paper industry, familiarity with printing or coating lines, and a background in chemistry or engineering will help any candidate succeed in this role.
At DetraPel, You Will Make An Impact By:
- Conducting research to identify new markets and customer needs to help expand our business
- Meeting agreed targets for new business growth from selected customers across target industries
- Working closely with CEO and Chief Research & Development Officer to develop a go-to-market strategy for each business and product line
- Providing technical support to customers throughout the sales process
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Managing the day-to-day sales activities and driving sales growth through planning, technical support, outreach, and ongoing account management.
- Establishing and develop relationships with new business prospects
- Growing sales organization and functions
- Building deep relationships to address customer needs
The person hired for the position of Technical Sales Manager will be responsible for leading the day-to-day sales operation at DetraPel. The role will lead our sales operation and provide technical support to potential clients as you guide them through the sales process and pilot runs. This position requires a highly-motivated, driven individual with deep experience within the paper food packaging or textiles industries, who loves building relationships and helping customers reach their goals. The ideal candidate is an ambitious, disciplined, and competitive individual who loves working in fast-paced environments and wants to build a thriving organization. This role is perfect for someone with a customer centric mindset and loves finding solutions to help clients succeed. Previous experience in growth-stage startups is a plus.
- 7+ years technical sales experience in the paper or textile industry
- Demonstrable success in building and executing product growth and sales growth plans exceeding quantitative/financial targets
- Technical degree in sciences or engineering; Will consider experience in lieu of a degree